Vegan-Friendly Keto Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I like these tasty vegan keto Chocolate Chunk Cookies because you can completely customize them to your level of sweetness. A good starting point for a keto-friendly alternative, or feel free to use maple syrup or coconut nectar if you’re vegan.
Start with a little and taste the batter. It’s raw so that it won’t harm you. The nut butter adds a natural sweetness. Many so-called healthy cookies are still loaded with a lot of sweeteners. And once you slowly wean yourself off sugar, you’ll start to realize you really only need a little. These tasty vegan keto cookies don’t even need a sweetener if you’re trying to reduce sugar in your diet ultimately.
They’re made from nuts, and they are a rich and filling low-carb snack. One cookie is plenty satiating. These tasty vegan keto cookies freeze well too! I hope you enjoy it.
Tasty Vegan-Friendly Keto Chocolate Chunk Cookies
This recipe serves nine cookies.
- 1 cup ground almonds (100g)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (40g)
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup erythritol or 1 to 2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut honey (adjust to your desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 35 g dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup almond butter (145g)
- 5 tbsp almond milk
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Melted coconut oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 190C / 170C fan. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Next, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (ground almonds, gluten-free baking powder, coconut flour, sweetener, chocolate chunks, vanilla powder, and salt.)
- Add the almond milk and almond butter. Then stir and use your hands to form into a ball of dough.
- Next, place everything in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Split the dough into nine and roll it into balls. Then place on a baking tray and carefully flatten with the back of a spoon. Smooth the edges with your fingers.
- Brush with a bit of coconut oil.
- Bake everything in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes until slightly golden. Then remove from the oven and allow to cool to firm up.