Keto Chocolate Mousse
Creamy light and airy keto chocolate mousse made without eggs and gelatin. A perfect mousse recipe for those on a keto diet who want to enjoy this classic French dessert. Serve it for parties or get-togethers. Or, make for your friends and loved ones on any special occasions. The recipe is also ideal for those who avoid eggs in their diet due to allergies.
Why is it so popular? Perhaps because it’s easy, quick and massively high in fat. And chocolate-flavored.
This post may contain affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that help keep this content free. (Full disclosure).
Keto-Friendly Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse
Mascarpone is an Italian Cheese used in many delicious and dessert preparations like the famous Tiramisu. Mascarpone Cheese adds to the richness. It also sets a texture and provides structure to the mousse.
Mascarpone is a kind of cream cheese. It’s the key ingredient in many popular desserts like cheesecake and tiramisu. Its creamy smooth taste works wonderfully with chocolate flavors.
Mascarpone’s texture is comparable to standard cream cheeses like Philadelphia. It is higher in fat (about 45g per 100g / 3.5oz) and lower in carbs (approximately 1-3g net carbs per 100g / 3.5oz, depending on the brand.
Making it is such a breeze!! Just need a few minutes to make this delicious creamy mousse. Use a silicone spatula to fold the cream and chocolate cheese for uniform folding of the mix.
This chocolate mascarpone mousse will satisfy your most urgent chocolate yearnings. The recipe is Keto, low-carb, and deliciously creamy.
Ingredients For Keto Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse
- 250 g / 8.8 oz mascarpone
- 250 g / 8.8 oz double/heavy cream250 g
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp powdered erythritol (So Nourished)
Ingredients For Keto Vanilla Mousse
- 100 g / 3.5 oz cream cheese
- 100 g / 3.5 oz double/heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol (So Nourished)
Instructions to Make Keto Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse
- Put all ingredients for the keto chocolate mascarpone mousse in a bowl or a blender. Mix or whisk with an electric mixer until well combined, and the whipping cream starts to solidify. Stop when you have a creamy consistency. Note, do not over-mix.
- Then whisk the whipping cream for the vanilla mousse, adding the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sweetener last.
- Fill the keto-friendly chocolate mousse into serving glasses, and the vanilla mousse on top. Swirl with a knife until you have a marble effect.
- Serve straight away or refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!
This tasty keto-friendly recipe makes eight smaller servings or six large ones. And it's VERY filling, so I think eight servings are ideal. You could also add 1 tsp of coffee extract or 1 tsp of cinnamon to the keto chocolate mascarpone mousse mix if you want.
Also, a tsp pf brandy would work well. Garnish with berries and mint leaves for a bit of color, and wow. You could use stevia drops alternatively of the powdered erythritol. Usually, four drops are similar to 1 tsp of sweetness. And as always, taste and adjust the sweetener to how you prefer it.
- Calories: 338kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Fat: 34.9g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sugar: 2.9g
Are you enthusiastic about starting keto baking but have no clue where to begin? My 10 keto baking tips are perfect for both the seasoned and inexperienced baker.