Keto Chocolate Cake in the Micro
Nutella Keto Chocolate Mug Cake With a Tasty Keto/Paleo Nutella is Surely a Favorite of Mine! And following the keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t have desserts. So, if you are looking for a quick and delicious chocolate cake to go with your cup of coffee or tea then this mug cake is the perfect choice for you.
There comes a time in everyone’s ketogenic life where you crave something sweet. Cookies, brownies, cake – but there’s nothing that you’ve pre-made and nothing that is low carb laying around.
When this chocolate craving hits, I don’t want to get out 12 ingredients and wait 40 minutes for a keto cake to bake. I want something fast and delicious and NOW!
This post may contain affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that help keep this content free. (Full disclosure).
How to make keto-friendly chocolate cake in the micro.
This keto-friendly chocolate cake in a mug is appetizing and tastes amazing!
It’s just like the 45-minute cake but instead of baking it in the oven, we will use a microwave and the best part is that it only takes 5 minutes.
That’s right! Five minutes is all you need.
In under 5 minutes, you can have a chocolate cake that’s rich, delicious, and sure to slam those cravings straight into the ground.
Keto Cake in a mug!
Chocolate cake in a mug, that is. Absolutely divine in taste, just like you spent 45 minutes slaving away baking it in the oven.
Low carb, sugar-free, and keto-friendly. This super quick and easy mug cake will be a game-changer.
Especially for the days when you feel like you want a piece of cake but don’t want to spend your entire afternoon to bake it.
I know, I know, you need almond flour. And none of that almond meal, either – only a fine grain almond flour for the soft and non-grainy texture.
But it’s worth it, trust me!
The Keto-friendly almond flour helps give it that real-cake texture that you’re looking for!
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons erythritol
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Measure out 2 Tbsp. butter and put it inside the mug you will be using.
- Microwave the butter for 20-25 seconds until it mostly melted and hot. Add your sweetener to the melted butter.
Note: You can use any low carb/low glycemic sweetener for this.
- Add your 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder to the butter.
- Add your coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Don’t forget the egg! It will help the cake rise.
- Mix the ingredients well, until everything is combined and there are as little lumps as you can get. If you’re going to make 2 servings, this is the point where you would measure the batter out into 2 mugs or 2 ramekins.
- Microwave the cake for 60-75 seconds. It takes 75 seconds in my microwave. If you are making 2 servings, probably 50-60 seconds would do the best.
- While you’re waiting for the cake to cook, whip some cream in a mixing bowl. (Optional)
- Let the cake cool for a moment and spoon on the whipped cream. (Optional)
Top with walnuts and sour cream
P.S If desired and if you want to skip whipped cream you can top with walnuts and sour cream.