How to Make Keto Chocolate Easter Eggs
These Keto Peanut butter Easter eggs are such a classic kid-friendly treat.
This is a newly updated recipe, and it is much easier and just as delicious as my previous recipe. Try them out this Easter.
- 5 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 6 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup defatted peanut flour
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 ounce cocoa butter
Keto Peanut Butter Eggs
- Start with lining a big baking sheet with a parchment paper or with waxed paper.
- Melt butter and peanut butter together on high until melted in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Whisk everything together. Stir in the vanilla and sweetener vanilla extract until its smooth.
- Then add the peanut flour and stir until slightly stiff dough forms. Then add more if your dough still seems wet.
- Turn dough into 15 2-inch balls and then flatten them into oval egg shapes. Then place them all on the prepared baking sheet and freeze until firm for about 1 hour.
The Keto Chocolate Layer:
- Put the chocolate and cocoa butter or butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Dump the frozen eggs in the chocolate and use a fork to roll around to coat. Lift out and tap fork firmly against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Put back on a baking sheet. Then take the rest of the chocolate and drizzle over the eggs for decoration if you want.
- Store in the fridge.
- Keto Peanut Butter Eggs
- Amount Per Serving (1 egg).
- Calories 125Calories from Fat 99
- % Daily Value*
- Carbohydrates 5.4g2%
- Fat 11g17%
- Protein 2.9g6%
- Fiber 2.3g9%
* Above is Percent Daily Values that is based on a 2000 calorie diet.