Healthy Keto Halloween Cup Cakes
Keto-Friendly Halloween Treats For Your Holiday
Halloween is a holiday adored and enjoyed by everyone. In this post, I show you Keto-friendly Halloween Treats, sugar-free and low carb, that are so easy to make and taste amazing.
All recipes that I choose are sugar-free, healthy and low carb. So they are perfect for those that are dieting.
The traditional Halloween treats are high in sugar. It’s important to reduce sugar consumption.
If you want a healthier Halloween party here you have brilliant healthy sweets ideas. This proves that Halloween doesn’t have to be all about candies.
This post may contain affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that help keep this content free. (Full disclosure).
Head over to this article if you want some tasty mixes. I'm going to share with you the best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Mixes to buy.
Ingredients (makes 16 keto-friendly cupcakes)
Keto Muffins (dry ingredients)
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or Dutch-process cocoa powder (43 g/ 1.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup whey protein powder or egg white protein powder, chocolate, vanilla or plain, such as Jay Robb (25 g/ 0.9 oz)
- 2/3 cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (106 g/ 3.8 oz)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar or apple cider vinegar
Keto-Friendly Muffins (wet ingredients)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil or melted butter (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (200 g/ 7.1 oz) - you can make your own
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 15-25 drops liquid stevia (NuNaturals or SweetLeaf) melted coconut oil or ghee for greasing
Keto Cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (113 g/ 4 oz)
- 3/4 cup full-fat cream cheese or mascarpone (180 g/ 6.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (100 g/ 3.5 oz) - you can make your own
- 1/2 cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (80 g/ 2.8 oz)
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice - you can make your own Optional: 10-20 drops liquid stevia (NuNaturals or SweetLeaf)
- Chocolate sauce: 50 g dark chocolate, 85-90% (1.8 oz)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (80 ml/ 3 fl oz)
Instructions To Make Keto Halloween Cup Cakes
- Start by making the muffin base.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- Line a muffin tray with medium muffin paper cups or use a silicone muffin tray.
- Grease each cup with a small amount of coconut oil or ghee.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, cocoa powder, whey protein (this ingredient is essential for fluffy cupcakes), powdered Erythritol, cinnamon, baking soda and cream of tartar (if using vinegar, add to the wet ingredients in step 2).
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (make sure they have reached room temperature): eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, almond milk, and stevia. Whisk with a hand whisk or use a mixer.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and combine well. Using a ladle, pour the mixture into 16 medium muffin cups. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. To test whether the muffins are done, you can use a toothpick and stick it in the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done!
- When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. Make sure the muffins have cooled down completely before you add the frosting.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Make sure all the ingredients have reached room temperature before you start mixing them. Place the butter, cream cheese, pumpkin puree, powdered Erythritol, cinnamon, and optional stevia into a bowl and mix until smooth using a hand whisk or mixer.
- When the muffins have cooled down, spread the frosting on top of them and set aside. Prepare the chocolate sauce. Place the dark chocolate in a small bowl. Heat up the cream in a saucepan. Once hot (but not boiling), pour the cream over the chocolate pieces and let it sit for about 2 minutes. I made a double batch of the chocolate sauce and kept the remaining sauce as topping for keto pancakes and waffles. The sauce needs to be refrigerated and will not stay liquid.
- simply put in a cup of warm water for a few minutes. Then, use a spoon or a whisk to stir until smooth and glossy. Place the chocolate sauce into a squeeze bottle or piping bag.
- Make the chocolate spiderweb. Using the squeeze bottle, draw a spiral on top of each frosted cupcake. Then take a wooden stick or toothpick and draw 6-8 lines starting from the middle of the cupcake to the outer line of the chocolate spiral, creating the spiderweb-like pattern.
- Enjoy or place back into the muffin tray and keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
10 Keto Baking Tips
Are you enthusiastic about starting keto baking but have no clue where to begin? My 10 keto baking tips are perfect for both the seasoned and inexperienced baker. Keto baking can be intimidating, particularly if you have no baking experiences or, indeed, if you are used to baking with sugar-based and wheat flour recipes.