The Most Exceptionally Tasty Keto Chocolate Cake 2021
If you want an extremely tasty Chocolate Cake you should try this one. It is, of course, low-carb, keto, and flourless. it is also very moist. It is great for birthdays and parties.
It is wonderful how you can eat certain sweets and still be able to maintain your healthy weight and well being.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS KETO CHOCOLATE CAKE?
For the low-carb chocolate cake layers
- sweetener – I used Swerve Confectioners
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- cocoa powder
- almond milk
- baking soda
- baking powder
- white vinegar
- coffee extract (optional)
- xanthan gum (optional)
For the chocolate mascarpone whipped cream cake filling.
- keto sweetener
- cocoa powder
- melted chocolate (I used Stevia sweetened dark chocolate from Trader Joe’s, but Lilly’s works, too)
- heavy cream
For the keto ganache
- chocolate (I used Stevia sweetened dark chocolate from Trader Joe’s, but Lilly’s works, too)
- heavy cream
For low-carb garnishing
- Berries of your choice
For the low-carb cake layers
- 1 2/3 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Xanthan gum
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil — melted butter
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk (not from a can)
- 1 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the keto chocolate mascarpone cake filling
- 6 oz mascarpone
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol
- 2 oz chocolate — melted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the low-carb chocolate ganache
- 2 oz Keto Chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
For the keto friendly cake layers
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two 6-inch round cake pans with butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients - coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum. salt and cocoa powder.
- Combine almond milk with vinegar (lemon juice).
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs with powdered erythritol for 4-5 minutes on medium-high speed. Add in the vanilla extract, coffee extract, coconut oil.
- Add in 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the egg and sweetened mixture. Mix to combine. Add 1/2 of the milk and mix to combine.
- Repeat by adding the remaining liquid and dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter between the two pans. Smooth out the tops. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the toothpick inserted, comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cook inside the pans for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Using a serrated knife cut the cakes in half horizontally.
To make the whipped chocolate mascarpone cream
- Melt the chocolate and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the mascarpone, cocoa powder, and sweetener, using a spatula.
- Mixing on medium speed with an electric mixer, slowly add in the heavy cream. Mix just until the cream has been incorporated and thickened. Over mixing or mixing at high speed may result in the mascarpone separating and releasing liquid.
- Slowly, add in the melted chocolate, mixing on slow speed until combined.
- Assemble the cake by layering cake layers and filling, leaving the top without any filling.
To make the low-carb ganache
- Place chocolate in a bowl. Heat the heavy cream to a boil. Pour over the chocolate. Mix to combine.
- Pour ganache over the top of the cake and smooth with a spatula. Top with berries.
A keto diet can be really simple, but it helps to learn some basic skills. These tips and guides will help you answer all the common keto questions. Go here for An Easy Detailed Guide to Follow for Beginners to The Keto Diet.