The Best Low-Carb Keto Sugar-Free Chocolate Shortbread Cookies (Flourless) 2020
2020 Easter Sunday is upon us, which only means one thing. It's cookies decorating season.
When it comes to creating the best desserts for Easter 2020, everyone knows that you can never go wrong with cookies.
Flourless Sugar-Free Chocolate Shortbread Cookies just might become your favorite Easter cookies. And these cookies are also gluten-free.
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1//2 cup + 2 T Golden Monkfruit sweetener see notes below.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 T dark cocoa powder
- Place the butter in a plastic bowl and let it soften for a while before you start the cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 300F/150C.
- You can make these cookies with a hand mixer or an electric mixer machine. Then mix the softened butter, salt, vanilla, and Monkfruit Golden Sweetener.
- Then combine the cocoa powder and almond flour and proceed to mix until they arere well incorporated with the other ingredients.
- I scooped out the dough with a tablespoon, which made 20 cookies. I used parchment paper sheets to bake these on.
- Make the cookies the same size and use a fork to press down the balls.
- Bake your flourless, sugar-free chocolate shortbread cookies for 30-40 minutes, or until the cookies feel somewhat stiff to the touch when you press with your finger. Notice they will be slightly soft until they cool.
- Then chill for a couple of minutes, about 30 minutes total for cooling down.
I used to use a combination of a little bit of brown sugar and Granulated Stevia Sweetener for most of my desserts.
But now that I've discovered Golden Monkfruit Sweetener, I prefer the flavor of that to other sweeteners.
Sweetener is counted as zero net carbs for nutritional information.
The almond flour gives the cookies a sweet, nutty flavor. The only trouble with this cookie recipe is that I eat too many!