Keto One Layer Chocolate Fudge Cake
This amazing Keto One Layer Chocolate Fudge Cake is a very chocolatey, rich chocolate cake. You cannot go wrong with this recipe when it comes to chocolate desserts. Made with melted chocolate and cocoa and topped with keto-friendly chocolate ganache. This delicious low-carb cake is sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
So, why not this year try something new? This one layer chocolate fudge cake topped with a decadent, glossy low-carb ganache selected for any upcoming celebration can be your new choice of keto dessert.
Keto-Friendly Chocolate Ganache
I think that if we’re going to make a Keto Fudgy Chocolate Cake, let’s drive home the decadence and chocolate flavor by frosting it with chocolate ganache. And if you’re new to Keto-Friendly Chocolate Ganache, you’re going to really love this.
Low-carb chocolate ganache is made easily with cream and chocolate that’s heated until the tasty chocolate melts.
This post may contain affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that help keep this content free. (Full disclosure).
What Chocolate is best to use for keto-friendly ganache?
A good chocolate ganache should remain glossy. I use the tasty Choc Zero chocolate chips, which I believe are unquestionably the absolute best of the sugar-free and low-carb chocolate on the market. And they don’t contain erythritol and is probably why the gloss remains, and the topping does not get grainy.
Nevertheless, the same recipe does not apply when using sugar-free chocolate chips. You need to add butter to attain that creamy, not grainy consistency.
When I’m making my regular keto chocolate ganache, I chop the low-carb chocolate and add warmed cream, then wait about five minutes and stir in one direction.
How To Make The Keto-Friendly Chocolate Ganache?
- Choc Zero Chocolate Chips. They work the absolute best
- Real Butter
- Dash Salt
- Heavy Cream
- Bain-Marie Process
The Process for Keto-Friendly Chocolate Ganache must be heated in a bain-marie and you can put all ingredients in at once. It’s phenomenal really, because it’s just so fool proof and can be reheated right back to its original state.
And What is a Bain-Marie?
It’s basically a double boiler. I just put my ingredients into a stainless bowl over a small sauce pan of boiling water. This prevents scorching.
Spend no worries about lining up layers, piping decorations, or fiddling with leveling: Just bake, cool, and coat this yummy chocolate cake. You’ll definitely want to whip up this Keto One Layer Chocolate Fudge Cake for the chocoholic in your life.
For Ganache(or see above):
- 8 ounces low-carb chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your liking.
For Cake and Assembling:
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sweetener of your liking
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup warm ganache (listed above)
Instructions For Making This Keto One Layer Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Make ganache. Put the keto-friendly chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. In a saucepan or the microwave, then heat cream to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir gently until the tasty chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add sweetener and whisk to combine. Set aside and let it cool enough to it doesn't all run off the cake when you glaze.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Then grease the bottom of an 8-inch round cake pan or line it with parchment.
- Then in a small bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. And sift the delicious cocoa into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and brown sugar with a wooden spoon. Then add the vanilla and eggs; stir until well blended. Add the almond flour mixture all at once and stir just until all the flour is moistened.
- Pour the hot water over the batter; stir until it's combined and the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the chocolate cake and remove from pan to finish cooling on the stand, removing parchment if used.
- Once cool, set the rack over a baking sheet or foil. Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake and use an offset spatula to spread it evenly over the top of the cake and down the sides. Let sit for about an hour before serving.
Steps to Make This Keto One Layer Chocolate Fudge Cake
- First, melt the tasty chocolate and make the ganache. Let it cool until thick enough to frost the cooled keto cake.
- Then, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry components to the wet ingredients and stir until mixed.
- Stir in hot water, then scrape into the prepared baking pan.
- Finally, bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool and frost.
- Dig in!!!!
What if the Keto Chocolate Ganache is Too Runny or Too Thick Use?
If the low-carb ganache is too runny, let it cool at room temperature a bit longer. Furthermore, if the kitchen is very warm, place the ganache in the refrigerator, frequently stirring until it's the right consistency. If the ganache is too thick, microwave it for about 10-15 seconds, then stir. Repeat as needed.