Keto & Low-Carb Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Glaze.
A ketogenic diet doesn’t mean you can't enjoy a tasty keto chocolate cake that proves that sinful-tasting desserts don’t have to make you feel foggy and fatigued.
With a perfect crumb and a silky chocolate glaze, this keto/Low-Carb and paleo-friendly cake is free from grains, sugar, and milk — but still delivers perfect fudgy flavor in every bite.
Believe me, this is one of the densest, moistest and richest low carb cakes you will ever eat.
There’s nothing like finishing a meal with a rich, moist piece of cake. However, conventional cakes usually use flour and sugar, or frostings with mystery additives and oils that taste bad and make you feel even worse.
It is wonderful how you can eat certain sweets and still be able to maintain your healthy weight and well being.
This homemade keto chocolate cake uses ingredients that go easier on your gut and keep inflammation at bay — so you won’t have to feel guilty going back for a second (or third) piece. It is also very moist. It is great for birthdays and parties.
When you prepare keto chocolate cake, it is best served warm with the chocolate glaze drizzled on top. However, it tastes just as good cold, or garnished with extras like organic strawberries or shredded unsweetened coconut.
Start to Finish: 30 to 40 minutes
CHOCOLATE CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or grass-fed ghee, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sweetener (or more to taste), such as birch Xylitol, non-GMO Erythritol.
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Additional grass-fed butter, ghee, or coconut oil for greasing
- 1 cup coconut cream (from a BPA-free can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol, Xylitol, or roughly 10 drops of liquid Stevia.
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch metal cake pan with butter, ghee, or coconut oil.
- Whisk egg whites until they develop a foamy consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix all remaining chocolate cake ingredients. Then slowly fold egg whites into the batter.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While keto chocolate cake cools, prepare glaze. In a saucepan on low heat, add all glaze ingredients and whisk continuously to combine.
- Pour chocolate glaze into a glass jar and drizzle over the cake. Serve keto chocolate cake warm, or store covered on your counter or in the refrigerator (icing will harden).
Nutritional (Per Serving).
- Calories: 321
- Total Fat: 30g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Total Carbs: 22.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.5g
- Total Sugars: 1.9g
- Sugar alcohols: 12g
- Net Carbs: 4.9g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Potassium: 158mg
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Vitamin D: 10mcg
- Calcium: 27mg
- Iron: 2mg
An appetizing and delicious Keto Chocolate Cake is like the soul of chocolate. Try it now!
Find another tasty Chocolate Cake recipe here.