Keto-Friendly Chocolate Peppermint Slice
This keto peppermint slice is layered with flavor and healthy fats, creating a decadent and indulgent treat.
These keto-friendly slices can be made ahead and stored in the fridge as a grab and go snack, or simply appreciated as a post-dinner dessert.
Ingredients - (Base Layer+Cream Layer+Chocolate Layer).
- Coconut Oil 3-½ tablespoon (48g or 1.68 oz).
- 100% Pure Erythritol by Now 2 tablespoon (24g or 0.85 oz).
- 100% Pure Erythritol by Now 1 tsp (4g or 0.14 oz).
- Peppermint Extract 1 x 1/2 teaspoon.
- Raw Coconut Butter by Artisana Organics ½ cup (128g or 4.52 oz).
- Coconut Oil ⅓ cup (73g or 2.56 oz).
- Food Cupboard Home Baking Almonds Ground by Sainsbury's 5.3 ounces (150g).
- Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened 1 tablespoon (5g or 0.19 oz).
- Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened ¼ cup (22g or 0.76 oz).
To prepare the base, add the ground almonds, one tablespoon of cocoa powder, and one teaspoon of erythritol to a mixing bowl. Melt one and a half tablespoons of coconut oil and add that to the bowl. Mix everything well to combine.
Line a 3 x 6 mold or baking dish with baking paper. Empty the base mixture into the lined tin and press into an even and compact layer. Transfer to the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
Whilst the base is setting; you can prepare the peppermint cream layer. Add the coconut butter, two tablespoons of coconut oil, one tablespoon of erythritol, and one teaspoon of mint extract to a food processor. Blend until creamy and smooth.
Remove the base from the freezer and spoon the peppermint layer over the surface, covering it evenly. Return to the freezer for a further ten minutes to set.
To prepare the chocolate topping, add the remaining cocoa powder, remaining erythritol, and remaining coconut oil to a food processor. Blend until you have thick and smooth chocolate sauce.
Remove the slice from the freezer and pour the chocolate layer over the top, covering evenly. Return to the freezer for a further 10 – 15 minutes to set.
Remove from the freezer for 5-10 minutes before serving and slice into eight squares with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
- 3g Net Carbs
- 12g Total Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 36g Fat
- 6g Protein
- 0 Glycemic Load