Keto Chocolate Walnut Torte
Chocolate Walnut Torte.
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Chill Time 30 mins
- Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
Finally here. A very rich low carb chocolate torte made with delicious walnuts. Believe me, this is one of the densest, moistest and richest low carb cakes you will ever eat.
- 1 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Espresso powder (this is optional, it enhances the chocolate flavour).
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 4 ounces Unsweetened Chocolate
- 5 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 1/2 ounces Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate (chopped).
- 1/3 cup Walnut pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9-inch round baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the paper.
2. In a food processor, process walnuts until are finely ground.
3. Add sweetener, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt and pulse a few times to combine.
4. Then in a large saucepan set over low heat, melt butter and chocolate together until smooth. Remove from the heat and whisk in eggs and vanilla extract. Add almond milk and whisk it until the mixture smooths out. Stir in the walnut mixture until well combined.
5. Spread batter in prepared baking pan and bake about 30 minutes, until edges are set but the centre still looks slightly wet.
6. Let it cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a wire rack to let it cool down completely. Finally, remove parchment paper.
Bring the cream to just a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove it from the heat and add chopped chocolate. Let it sit to melt for 5 minutes, then whisk it until it is totally smooth.
Cool down for another 10 minutes and then pour the glaze over the cake, and be sure to smooth the sides. Sprinkle the top with some walnut pieces and chill until chocolate is firm. It will take approximately 30 minutes.
Enjoy this delicious Keto dessert. And please remember that no keto meal is complete without a dessert!
Here is another tasty keto chocolate cake recipe to check out: Exceptionally tasty keto chocolate cake.
Serves 12. Each serving has 2.97g
Food energy: 343kcal
Total fat: 30.26g
Calories from fat: 272
Total dietary fibre: 5.49g
A keto diet can be really simple, but it helps to learn some basic skills. These tips and guides will help you answer all the common keto questions.