Keto Chocolate Lava Cake
I started to study some keto desserts and came across what seemed like lots of options to choose from. After testing with some low carb dessert recipes and quite a few failures. I decided to rather start with what was already a hit Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake.
The molten chocolate lava cakes are rich, decadent, moist, robustly chocolate, sweet enough, but not too sweet. I used Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate and recommended using your favorite dark chocolate bar.
I was craving chocolate cake. Two attempts to tweak this recipe to get it perfect! And boy is it good! I don't normally eat this late but for this gooey, chocolatey, peanut butter goodness I will! And just 2g of carbs per serving.
This post may contain affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that help keep this content free. (Full disclosure).
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake (Makes 2)
Macros for 1: 243 Calories, 19g Fats, 2g Carbs, 9g Protein
- 1 oz Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbsp Swerve
- 5-7 liquid Stevia (or an extra tsp of erythritol)Drops
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
Instructions to Make Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake
- Combine bakers chocolate and butter and melt in a microwave-safe bowl in rounds of 30 seconds. Add cream, egg and stevia drops to the chocolate and butter mixture. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients: Swerve, cocoa powder, coconut flour and baking powder into chocolate/butter mixture until you get a smooth uniform thick batter.
- Separate the batter into two halves(one for each cake).
- Then take the batter for one cake and pour half the batter into your greased ramekin.
- Place the peanut butter right in the center without allowing it to run to the edges.
- Pour the second half over the peanut butter.
- Repeat for the second cake.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 13-15 minutes.
You'll know it's done when the edges have firmed and the center is still a little jiggly/not fully cooked seeming. You can also top the keto-friendly chocolate lava cakes with Lily's dark chocolate chips. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Following the keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t have desserts. And if you are looking for a quick and delicious chocolate cake to go with your cup of coffee or tea then head over to this article named; Best Keto Chocolate Recipes
Are you enthusiastic about starting keto baking but have no clue where to begin? My 10 keto baking tips are perfect for both the seasoned and inexperienced baker.