Keto Chocolate Crunch Bars
Keto Chocolate Crunch Bars are a quick, easy, and fool-proof recipe that takes minutes to whip up. Now, they have a ketogenic and low-carb makeover!
A keto-friendly chocolate base loaded with nuts, seeds, and shredded coconut! The ultimate healthy homemade paleo and sugar-free chocolate snack or dessert. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and of course, Keto.
For those of you who’ve made homemade low-carb chocolate, it’s ALL about the taste and the measurements. And using a different brand of sticky sweetener can greatly produce a different result.
Adding too many larger nuts can leave the keto chocolate crunch bars crumbly and challenging to cut up.
As such, I did some troubleshooting, tried out some variations, and have all the results below. Let’s face it- I want you to be able to make the best healthy homemade keto chocolate crunch bars!
This post may contain affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that help keep this content free. (Full disclosure).
How To Make Keto Chocolate Crunch Bars
To make homemade keto chocolate bars, you only need THREE ingredients
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa Powder
- A monk fruit sweetened maple syrup
This homemade chocolate is truly quite difficult to firm up for the keto-friendly option. I tried this recipe below, which worked much better in terms of keeping it firm.
Low-Carb And Keto-Friendly Seeds And Nuts
While most nuts and seeds are naturally low-carb, some are more suitable than others, purely for the recipe's overall flavor combination.
The best nuts to use is raw unsalted pecans, walnuts, and chopped hazelnuts. They are your best keto-friendly options, and all are under 2 grams of carbs (per serving). Cashews and almonds and are a little higher in carbs, but both of them work excellent.
Keto Store Bought Baking Chocolate
While I preach making your recipes from scratch, I don’t doubt using healthy packaged chocolate chips for baking.
The following choices below have all been tried and tested, and depending on which brand you choose, can be paleo, dairy-free, keto-friendly, low-carb, and sugar-free.
- 100% Baking Chocolate This is my preferred chocolate for the recipe, as although it is bitter, it is entirely dairy-free and keto-friendly. You won’t need to worry about sweetness, which will come in the form of the chocolate hazelnut butter and sticky sweetener.
- Keto Chocolate Chips These stevia-sweetened chocolate chips melt beautifully and don’t leave you with a bitter aftertaste.
Making Perfect Keto Chocolate Crunch Bars
- For the best homemade keto-friendly crunch bars, use store-bought chocolate chips/baking chocolate
- If making your chocolate from scratch, ensure the bars are stored in the freezer at all times
- If you use store-bought chocolate chips, they can be kept refrigerated and independently wrapped at room temperature.
This quick and straightforward homemade keto chocolate crunch bar recipe is a keeper. Loaded full of crunchy nuts, seeds, and coconut and needing just minutes- You have no excuses!
- 1 1/2 cups tasty chocolate chips of choice. I used stevia sweetened keto-friendly chocolate chips
- 1 cup almond butter. It can sub for any seed or nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup sticky sweetener of choice *notes below
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups seeds and nuts of choice almonds, cashews, pepitas, etc
- First, line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, mix your chocolate chips of choice, sticky sweetener, almond butter, and coconut oil and melt until combined.
- Add your seeds/nuts of pick and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour the keto-friendly crunch bar mixture into the lined baking dish and spread out using a spatula. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
* See notes for tested options. The best sticky sweeteners are agave nectar or pure maple syrup. For a 100% keto-friendly sticky sweetener, use a monk fruit or swerve sweetened syrup.
Serving: 1Bar | Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Potassium: 3mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.7mg | NET CARBS: 2g