Delicious Keto Chocolate Mug Cake | 2020
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
This moist and rich keto chocolate mug cake is the ideal size for one. Its flavor and texture are just like a real cake. It's also dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
The secret tip is using just the yolk and some mayonnaise. The egg yolk adds structure to the cake, and the mayo makes it nice and moist.
- 2 tbsp almond flour.
- 1/4 tsp baking powder.
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder.
- 1 tbsp low carb sugar, Swerve or similar.
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise. Use sour cream in a pinch.
- One large egg yolk.
- 1 tsp water.
Be very careful using the only stevia to sweeten chocolate baked goods.
The bitter composites in stevia and the bitter aggregates in chocolate have a synergistic effect. It can make your treat quite bitter!
Fluff the almond flour with a whisk before measuring and filter the cocoa powder if it is clumpy.
You can sift the cocoa and keep it in an air-tight container. It will break apart any lumps for more precise measuring when making this mug cake.
- Measure your dry ingredients into a mug or jelly jar and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Then add the mayonnaise, egg yolk, and water, stirring thoroughly. Make sure to get it all from the bottom. Let the mix sit 1-2 minutes.
- Microwave everything for about fifty seconds, depending on your microwave.
Although the texture is a little different, one large egg white can be used instead of the giant egg yolk, solving the problem of a leftover egg white.
To really take this cake to the next level, try some of these ideas.
- Top the cake with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream.
- Try to add 1/16-1/8th teaspoon flavoring extract to the batter.
- Add a few berries to the batter.
- Maybe try sprinkle cinnamon, cocoa powder, powdered sweetener, or grated chocolate on top.
- Add a spoonful of sugar-free jelly in the center of the batter.
- Put a spoonful of sugar-free chocolate hazelnut and spread in the center of the mixture.
- Try a small square of dark chocolate in the middle of the mixture before cooking.
- Top with sugar-free homemade hot fudge or store-bought sugar-free chocolate sauce.
- Calories: 272kcal
- Fiber: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 23g