Keto Chocolate Cake Caves with Salted Caramel
Tasty Keto-Friendly & Low-Carb Chocolate Cake Caves with Salted Caramel. Perfect for Birthdays or Parties. Try it Now.
200 g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa content)
225 g butter
3.5 dl powdered sweetener of choice
2.25 dl brown sugar substitute (keto), sprinkle
Vanilla extract to taste 5-6 drops
Four large eggs
3.5 dl almond flour
One dl sugar-free cocoa
1 ml measuring spoon salt
Salt to decorate with
- Set the oven to 175 degrees (upper and lower heat) and divide muffin molds into two muffin plates (if you only have one dish, you can start by filling it with muffin molds and then do it again for the second half of the batter ).
- Chop the dark chocolate and place it together with the butter in a saucepan. Melt into a smooth and shiny batter on medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in addition to the flake salt in a bowl. Add the chocolate, butter and stir everything together just until it comes along into a smooth and lump-free batter.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for the batter to sit for at least 1 hour.
- Roll the batter into balls that fill the cupcake molds in half. Roll up two balls and press down on the center of each batter ball.
- Bake one plate at a time in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes. Decorate with flake salt as soon as they come out of the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Stored in the refrigerator and works great to freeze.
- Want to emphasize chocolate flavor even more in your scraps of cakes? Add two teaspoons of espresso powder to the batter. It does not add any coffee flavor but only emphasizes the chocolate taste.