Best Keto Chocolate Shortbread Cookies 2021
When it comes to creating the best desserts for Easter 2021, everyone knows that you can never go wrong with cookies.
Flourless Sugar-Free Chocolate Shortbread Cookies just might become your favorite Easter cookies. And these cookies are also gluten-free.
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1//2 cup + 2 T Golden Monkfruit sweetener see notes below.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 T dark cocoa powder
- Place the butter in a plastic bowl and let it soften for a while before you start the cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 300F/150C.
- You can make these cookies with a hand mixer or an electric mixer machine. Then mix the softened butter, salt, vanilla, and Monkfruit Golden Sweetener.
- Then combine the cocoa powder and almond flour and proceed to mix until they arere well incorporated with the other ingredients.
- I scooped out the dough with a tablespoon, which made 20 cookies. I used parchment paper sheets to bake these on.
- Make the cookies the same size and use a fork to press down the balls.
- Bake your flourless, sugar-free chocolate shortbread cookies for 30-40 minutes, or until the cookies feel somewhat stiff to the touch when you press with your finger. Notice they will be slightly soft until they cool.
- Then chill for a couple of minutes, about 30 minutes total for cooling down.
I used to use a combination of a little bit of brown sugar and Granulated Stevia Sweetener for most of my desserts.
But now that I've discovered Golden Monkfruit Sweetener, I prefer the flavor of that to other sweeteners.
Sweetener is counted as zero net carbs for nutritional information.
The almond flour gives the cookies a sweet, nutty flavor. The only trouble with this cookie recipe is that you might eat too many!