A 90 second keto bread that’s not eggy (at all!) and toasts great.
Finally, a low-carb 90-second keto bread that’s not eggy (at all!) and toasts great.
Expect a lovely lightly sweet bread that’s ridiculously easy. Below is the easy keto recipe. Try it Now!
- 48 g almond flour
- 21 g golden flaxseed meal
- 9 g whey protein isolate
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 2-5 teaspoon erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 28 g butter melted & cooled
- 28 g sour cream or heavy cream
- microwave-safe mold or ramekin
- Add almond flour, flaxseed meal, whey protein, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined, set aside. Note: feel free to make the flour mix ahead in a large batch and simply measure out 80g (or 1/2 cup + 6 TBSP) per bread.
- Add egg and sweetener to a large bowl and beat with a whisk or electric mixer for 1 minute or two until airy and lighter in color. With the mixer on, add in the apple cider vinegar and butter.
- Add in the dry flour mixture in two parts, alternating with the sour cream. Continue to mix for a minute until fully incorporated and elastic, the batter will thicken as you mix (think almost a cookie dough texture!).
- Transfer the batter to a microwave-safe dish or mold (use either a large one or divide into 3 ramekins), pressing down and smoothing out the top with wet fingertips.
- If you divide the dough in 3 you'll cook the bread for 90 seconds on high, but if you cook it all together you'll want to do 150 seconds (2 1/2 minutes). Time can vary a lot in microwaves, but to give you an idea mine is 1000 watts.
- Either way, it'll come out looking pale and spongy (and not very appetizing at all tbh!). But worry not, just wait for it to cool down until just slightly warm (it continues to cook as it cools guys!).
- Then you'll definitely want to give it a good toast to get some texture on (non-negotiable guys!).
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days or in the freezer for a couple of months. Serve warm with a pat of butter.
*How sweet? You can use only 2 teaspoons for a light hint or up to 5 for a sweeter take. Either way, I highly suggest you don’t skip it as it brings out the natural sweetness of the keto flours, and defines the taste of the bread. Think a cross between cornbread and Hawaiian sweet rolls!
If making cornbread muffins, they'll bake in roughly 25-30 mins.
Please note that nutrition facts were estimated per (generous!) slice, assuming a yield of three.
Have you been craving for real rustic bread in our Keto lifestyle?
Then check out this Keto bread is just the answer you were looking for.
Real look, smell, and taste but still keto.
A keto diet can be really simple, but it helps to learn some basic skills.
These tips and guides will help you answer all the common keto questions.
Click here for An Easy Detailed Guide to Follow for Beginners to The Keto Diet.