Best Keto-Friendly Hot Chocolate Ice Cream 2020
Considering we've been having pretty warm, and have been craving a LOT of hot cocoa. Fortunately, we have found a way to have my hot chocolate even when we don't want a hot cup. Just make it into ice cream! Here is the best recipe for a keto-friendly hot chocolate ice cream.
Ingredients for a keto-friendly hot chocolate ice cream.
- 2 13.66 oz cans canned coconut milk, chilled
- 1-4 scoops chocolate protein powder 32-34 grams per scoop * See notes
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice I used monk fruit sweetener
- Place a deep loaf pan in the freezer. Remove coconut milk from the refrigerator and separate the cream from the water.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add the cream first, followed by the coconut water. Blend until just combined.
- Add your dates/granulated sweetener, protein powder, and cocoa powder and blend until thick and creamy- Do not over-blend.
- Transfer the hot chocolate ice cream to the chilled loaf pan. To ensure it doesn't become too icy, lightly mix your ice cream ever 20-30 minutes for the first hour.
Before eating, thaw out the loaf pan for 15 minutes. Lightly wet a keto ice cream scoop before scooping out into a bowl.
* If you use more than 1 scoop of protein powder, blend a little longer. If it's too thick (this can happen with casein protein powder), add a tiny bit more coconut milk.
- Do not use light coconut milk, as this will become too icy.
- For a soft-serve style ice cream, enjoy immediately or freeze for 15 minutes.
- If your ice cream is too icy, let thaw for 15 minutes before scooping.
- If for some reason it won't thaw nicely, re-blend and enjoy as is.
- This tasty 4 Ingredient keto-friendly hot chocolate ice cream should be consumed within 2-3 days.
A keto diet can be really simple, but it helps to learn some basic skills.
These tips and guides will help you answer all the common keto questions.
Click here for An Easy Detailed Guide to Follow for Beginners to The Keto Diet.