Hot Chocolate Ice Cream (Keto, Paleo and Vegan)
- 2 13.66 oz cans canned coconut milk, chilled
- 1-4 scoops chocolate protein powder 32-34 grams per scoop * See notes
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice I used monk fruit sweetener
1. Place a deep loaf pan in the freezer.
Remove coconut milk from the refrigerator and separate the cream from the water.
2. In a high-speed blender or food processor, add the cream first, followed by
the coconut water.
Blend until just combined.
3. Add your dates/granulated sweetener, protein powder, and cocoa powder
and blend until thick and creamy- Do not over-blend.
4. Transfer the hot chocolate ice cream to the chilled loaf pan. To
ensure it doesn't become too icy, lightly mix your ice cream ever
20-30 minutes for the first hour.
Before eating, thaw out the loaf pan for 15 minutes. Lightly wet an
ice cream scoop before scooping out into a bowl.
* If you use more than 1 scoop of protein powder, blend a little longer. If it's too thick (this can happen with casein protein powder), add a tiny bit more coconut milk.
Do not use lite coconut milk, as this will become too icy.
For a soft-serve style ice cream, enjoy immediately or freeze for
If your ice cream is too icy, let thaw for 15 minutes before scooping.
If for some reason it won't thaw nicely, re-blend and enjoy as is.
This Tasty 4 Ingredient Low Carb Hot Chocolate Ice Cream (Keto, Paleo, Vegan, No Churn) should be consumed within 2-3 days.
A keto diet can be really simple, but it helps to learn some basic skills.
These tips and guides will help you answer all the common keto questions.
Click here for An Easy Detailed Guide to Follow for Beginners to The Keto Diet.