Delicious Keto Chocolate Mug Cake | 2022
This moist and rich keto chocolate mug cake is the ideal size for one. Its flavor and texture are just like a real cake. It's also dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
The secret tip is using just the yolk and some mayonnaise. The egg yolk adds structure to the cake, and the mayo makes it nice and moist.
This post may contain affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that help keep this content free. (Full disclosure).
- 2 tbsp almond flour.
- 1/4 tsp baking powder.
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder.
- 1 tbsp low carb sugar, Swerve or similar.
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise. Use sour cream in a pinch.
- One large egg yolk.
- 1 tsp water.
Instructions to Make Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
Be very careful using the only stevia to sweeten chocolate baked goods. The bitter composites in stevia and the bitter aggregates in chocolate have a synergistic effect. It can make your treat quite bitter!
Fluff the almond flour with a whisk before measuring and filter the cocoa powder if it is clumpy. You can sift the cocoa and keep it in an air-tight container. It will break apart any lumps for more precise measuring when making this mug cake.
- Measure your dry ingredients into a mug or jelly jar and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Then add the mayonnaise, egg yolk, and water, stirring thoroughly. Make sure to get it all from the bottom. Let the mix sit 1-2 minutes.
- Microwave everything for about fifty seconds, depending on your microwave.
Although the texture is a little different, one large egg white can be used instead of the giant egg yolk, solving the problem of a leftover egg white.
To really take this cake to the next level, try some of these ideas.
- Top the cake with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream.
- Try to add 1/16-1/8th teaspoon flavoring extract to the batter.
- Add a few berries to the batter.
- Maybe try sprinkle cinnamon, cocoa powder, powdered sweetener, or grated chocolate on top.
- Add a spoonful of sugar-free jelly in the center of the batter.
- Put a spoonful of sugar-free chocolate hazelnut and spread in the center of the mixture.
- Try a small square of dark chocolate in the middle of the mixture before cooking.
- Top with sugar-free homemade hot fudge or store-bought sugar-free chocolate sauce.
- Calories: 272kcal
- Fiber: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 23g